As it happens what is likely the foremost store for Korean indie music sells enough Korean indie music CDs to keep the sales chart very interesting. I’ll be posting the top 10 here whenever I notice a chart update (they’re a bit irregular, from what I’ve observed during the summer), and also include any new additions of particular interest. With getting back to more regular postings here at Indieful ROK in September and all, I figured keeping track of this chart would be a nice addition + I like how it can help me keep up with any release I may have overlooked before.
During the weekend the chart for the first week of September was posted so here you go, complete with long overdue release updates:
Hyang Chart – 1st week of September, 2010
1. 10cm - The First EP [눈이 오네 recandplay.net session]
2. Byul.org - 태평양 (Pacific) [태평양 (Pacific) MV]
3. Bulnabang Star Sausage Club - 석연치않은결말 [EP trailer]
4. Zitten - Wonderland [EP trailer : TV Show MV]
5. Dear Cloud - Take The Air [Last Scene @ release show]
6. Jaejoo Boys - 유년에게 [손잡고 허밍 MV]
7. Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
8. Earip – 공기로 만든 노래 (Words From The Breath) [벌써 잊었나 live]
9. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
10. Sunkyeol - EP [@ release show]
The new K-indie-oriented additions to the TOP100 list were the following:
16. The Finnn - Beatles Over Zeppelin
71. Nomad - Be Mad, No Mad
73. JamBiNai - 잠비나이 [나부락 live]
82. Go-yo - 혼자 왔습니다 [작은 새를 날게 해 MV]
88. Rubystar – 맑음 때때로 흐리고 비 [맑음 때때로 흐리고 비 MV]
On June 17, Pastel Music’s lovely Zitten returned with an EP called Wonderland. In addition to some well-produced new songs, the EP also includes new recordings of songs from the duo’s self-released 2005 EP Rock Doves.
After developing a fuller sound, piano-playing male singer/songwriter Go-yo released his first full-length album, 혼자 왔습니다, on September 2. It followed last year’s pretty self-titled & self-released EP where both Untitled and 회전목마, 나른한 오후 were featured previously. I’d recommend hearing him out on MySpace.
Female-fronted modern rock band Rubystar released a mini album called 맑음 때때로 흐리고 비 on August 31. Supposedly their second, it follows the release of digital single 다시올까봐 in 2008 and the album info makes it seem like they also had some relative success with a demo in Japan.
You can read the original post at IndiefulROK.