The Korea Herald had a blurb on its front page that North Korea had opened a YouTube channel. Now, this is very, very interesting news to me, because a North Korean propaganda channel on YouTube is/could be…
1. Unintentionally hilarious
2. Unintentionally frightening
3. A fascinating convergence of backward-looking thought with new media
4. In danger of being blocked by the Korean government
5. Loaded with hilariously bad English
Here we expat bloggers have been moaning that South Korean promotions people have been failing to reach their audience because they’ve been publishing/producing stuff THEY like instead of stuff that’ll actually reach their audience… How much do you want to bet a North Korean YouTube channel will raise that hilari-out-of-touchness to a degree we may never have seen before?
…If the intended audience of the YouTube channel is the international world, and not just South Korean sympathizers/potential sympathizers, that is.